Recipe: Panzanella Salad
RECIPE: Panzanella Salad
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 small French bread, cut into blocks
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in halve
- ½ cucumber, cut into chunky blocks
- 1 of each pepper, cut into blocks
- ½ salad onion, sliced
- Caper, optional
- 1 cup olives, pitted
- 20 basil leaves
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Whisk all together.
Heat oil in pan, add bread and salt, cook over med temp until bread is brown and crispy.
In large mixing bowl put together: tomatoes, cucumber, capers, olives, peppers, basil and onions.
Pour over vinaigrette and put in the fridge for 30 min.
Take out add bread, salt and pepper and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Maryke Josling | The Little Pink Chef