Recipe: Classic Caesar Salad
Classic Caesar Salad
• 1 bulk bag cos lettuce
• croutons - bought or see note for home-made
• parmesan shavings
• 2 avocados, cubed or scooped
• hard boiled eggs, quartered
• asparagus - cooked in a little water for a 1-1 1/2 minutes in the microwave till cooked but still crunchy and not mushy
• approx 250g smoked salmon or 4x grilled sliced chicken breasts
• 1/3 cup oil
• 1 clove garlic crushed
• 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 egg
• 3 or more anchovy fillets
• 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 Tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
• Salt and Black Pepper
• 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1) Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse till smooth.
2) Can be made up to 3 days in advance in a sealed container but kept in the fridge.
1) Place the cos lettuce down first onto a shallow long platter.
2) Then add the croutons (not all) and parmesan shavings.
3) Add the optional extras that you want.
4) Drizzle over the dressing and toss to serve.
5) Finally add a few extras croutons to decorate.
Home made croutons (makes 3 cups)
• 3 heaped cups cubed bread- any type! (and best a day or two old)
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1) Preheat the oven to 190 deg C.
2) In a large bowl, combine the bread and garlic salt and drizzle over the olive oil
3) Stir well until bread is coated by all ingredients and olive oil is absorbed.
4) Spread bread cubes into an even layer on a baking tray. Don’t crowd the pan.
5) Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
If the bread is stale and dry, it may brown faster (so keep watch it)
Note: Place into a ziplock back and freeze - take out when you need
For Best Results:
We all know that the key to a good salad is in the way you mix these fresh ingredients together. To give your salad that spinning edge, we highly recommend using our range of mixing bowls, as this will make the process so much easier and give you that deep mix a tasty salad requires!
Additionally, we have just the right salad platters to make sure they are looking restaurant ready for your next dinner party.
For your convenience, you are now able to view all these products right ‘here’, alternatively we have grouped some related products below for you to enjoy!