Swipe to the left
Recipe: Chicken and Rice Soup with Vegetables
May 8, 2018 No comments
Chicken and Rice Soup with Vegetables
- Approx. 680g Chicken Breast Fillet, chopped in cubes
- ½ Cup white rice
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 Small Zucchini, diced
- 8 Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Ripe tomatoes
- 1 Stalk celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Cups of poultry stock
- Heat oil in Magefesa pressure cooker
- Add onion, carrot and celery to brown for 4-5 minutes and add some salt
- Add chicken and brown lightly. Add salt and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients and add a bit of olive oil
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes and rice. Add more pepper
- Pour hot chicken stock over it and season to taste. Sprinkle basil to taste.
- Close lid securely, select the “I” position, bring to pressure over high heat and wait until pressure regulating valve begins to release steam.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Once time has elapsed, remove pressure cooker from heat source and release steam using the natural release method.
- Remove lid, add zucchini and pressure cook over medium heat for 5 more minutes-there is no need to close the unit again-. Adjust seasonings and let rest for a few minutes before serving.