Recipe: Berry & Pineapple Frosted Treat by eetrite
This refreshing fruity treat is a healthy and easy alternative to store bought ice-cream or sugar-filled frozen yoghurt. Once you’ve tried eetrite's berry & pineapple frosted-treat recipe, you’ll be inspired to experiment with other fruits and flavours in your next batch!
350g frozen strawberries
350g fresh pineapple chunks
300g plain full cream greek yoghurt
½ tsp vanilla extract
zest of 1 lemon
- puree the strawberries in a blender until smooth.
- add 150g of yoghurt to the pureed strawberries and blend.
- decant the strawberry mixture into a mixing bowl.
- blend the pineapple, blueberries, honey, lemon zest, vanilla extract and the rest of the yoghurt
- add the pineapple blend to the mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- pour the mixture into a loaf pan or baking dish and place in the freezer overnight.
- using your ice-cream scoop, spoon 2 to 3 scoops into a dessert bowl.
- top with fresh fruit and a sprig of mint.
We love this recipe as a guilt-free summer snack or a quick and easy dessert to whip up the night before having family over, especially with heat waves we’ve been experiencing. let us know how yours came out!
Recipe Courtesy of eetrite