Competition: #BanksYouthDayCookOff 2019 - Entries are Open!
We are calling on young aspiring chefs!
If you're between the ages of 13 and 18 years old with no professional training, you're a South African resident and have a passion for cooking, then this is the competition for you!
WHAT IS THE BANKS YOUTH DAY COOK OFF?
This year will be the 5th Banks Youth Day Cook Off! Our 4 previous events have been so well received and our regulars are looking forward to this year’s event with much anticipation!
Each year we invite the top 3 entries to our annual Youth Day Cook Off competition to come and cook in store for Chef Jenny Morris in the hopes of being crowned the Banks Youth Day Cook Off Winner.
HOW DOES ENTRY WORK?
Here's what you'll need to do to enter:
1) Register your entry below
2) Supply image/video URL in the entry form. Another option is to email these to firstname.lastname@example.org. By doing so you grant us permission to post and share these on our platforms.
(Note: you must be in the photos/video seen preparing your dish as well as supplying a photo of yourself with your completed dish)
3) Email your recipe to email@example.com with permission to post and share this on our platforms
4) Banks Kitchen Shop will upload all the above into a poll, which will be open for 1 week of voting. You will be notified when voting goes live.
Entries are Open from 15 March - 30 June 2019 (unless otherwise decided by Banks).
WHEN WILL THE COOK OFF HAPPEN?
The Cook Off will happen on Sunday, 21st of July.
Checklist for valid entry:
- Fill in the form below (age range 13-18 years old)
- Submit a recipe
- Submit pictures and/or videos of you creating your dish (You need to be visible in the pictures/video)
- Submit a picture of you with your complete dish (You need to be visible in the picture)
- Be available to cook on the 21st July if selected as Top 3 (in Cape Town)
- Supply permission for Banks to share your pictures and/videos to promote the competition and encourage voting
For more details, please call us on 021 461 3190
*T&C's Apply. E&OA.
* Only original recipes / photos will be accepted as entries. Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification. In video and photo entrants need to be visible in preparing the dish as well as alongside the completed dish.
For entry, do I need to submit a photo of my dish with myself in it?
Yes! This is a requirement
After I have filled out the entry form and submitted my photo or video, will anything else be needed from me?
Yes, we would like to have the Recipe you have used for the dish prepared in your entry as this will form part of the voting process.
How will the voting work? Will a link be supplied on Facebook of Instagram for voting?
Voting will take place in the form of a Poll and results will display after the vote is cast. Only 1 vote will be allowed per voter. We will also share voting on Social Media when it goes live.
What time will the event take place on Sunday, 21st July?
The event starts at 10 am and we aim to have the prize giving at 11:30 am
Will my friends and family be able to watch me cook on July, 21st?
Yes! The cook off will happen in our store and is open for an audience to view.
What will I be cooking at the finals? The same dish as my entry?
No, an ingredient list will be supplied once the TOP 3 is chosen and you'll then be able to decide on a dish you'll be making for the final.
Will I need to bring along my own ingredients and cooking tools?
Ingredients & Cooking tools will also be supplied by Banks Kitchen Shop.
What if I am not used to using your tools, or require a specific dish for serving my dish?
Our store is open daily, thus the TOP 3 will allowed to come to store ahead of the event to come pick the dish they'd like to serve in and also have a look at the kitchen tools supplied by our sponsors - Legend, BCE, Victorinox & Pyrex